This week I was able to delve into Ramit Sethi’s Earn1K course which is amazing so far. He restricts how much of the course you can go through each week to limit the students from becoming overwhelmed which I agree is a fantastic idea. So far I’ve learned a crap ton; What not to do, business non-essentials and how to connect two different industries to form a fantastic idea.
The weeks seem to be going by incredibly fast which I somewhat don’t like. I know it means I’m busier than usual, but I still like to experience life in a slower pace. It just reminds me that I am getting older and have limited time to achieve my goals. When you really understand time as a resource, you begin to turn up the heat and really get to work.
I read a crap ton this week, which I’m not particularly proud of. Here’s why; When we spend time consuming we spend less time producing. As entrepreneurs, we should spend the vast majority of our time producing something of value instead of consuming article after article.
There is nothing wrong with reading and increasing our knowledge. The issue arises when we don’t apply this new knowledge and instead put it at the back of our mind. This becomes a complete waste of time and a way to procrastinate on what we really should be doing. Hold your time valuable and only consume that which you truly believe will help you and is actionable.
What I‘m Reading
- Hacking Elance: How To Make $23,700 Freelancing In 4 Weeks – Today’s post is a detailed breakdown on freelancing strategy by Daniel DiPiazza at Rich20Something. If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to leverage your skills to make extra money on the side…or leave your job entirely, freelancing is the perfect way to start.
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game – I swept the chess pieces to the floor and ran out. The pieces were still popping around on the ground like popcorn when I left the room where the match was being played. It was my school versus some other school. I had lost.
- Warren Buffett’s Best Productivity Hack Is A Simple 2-List System – REUTERS/Carlos BarriaPeople call Warren Buffett the Sage of Omaha for many reasons. He’s endlessly quotable, ridiculously well-read, and mind-blowingly wealthy, plus he accompanies all that with the aw-shucks friendliness of the grandpa of your dreams.
- [UPDATE 2] How To Build & Rank A Spam Site That Beats Panda 4.0 & Makes $1,000 A Month – Today you are going to get a sneak peak of how someone ranked a site with nothing but spam and is earning over $1,000 a month with it. Not only that, but the site has defeated the latest Google Algorithm updates including Penguin & Panda 4.0 which was released a couple of days ago.
- The Productive Sprint – In the past two weeks, I’ve written more than 45,000 words, including 10 posts for Zen Habits and Sea Change and 30 chapters in my new book. That’s a lot of writing.
- Ep48: How A Middle School Dropout Built A 50 Million Pageview Site At Age 12 – And Is Continuing To Crack The Secret To Virality
- You MUST Learn This To Be A Successful Entrepreneur – When I was 22, I had complete clarity on what I wanted. Passive income. Recurring revenue, so I wouldn’t have to trade time for money.
Tool of The Week
Peak User Testing – Free User Testing Videos of Your Site!
Video of The Week